IN THIS ARTICLE
Subscribe to Our Newsletter
We’re pleased to announce the launch of PubNub Access Manager (PAM), adding serverless access control to the PubNub Data Stream Network. You can now manage granular permissions for your realtime apps and data.
What does PAM enable?
- Developers can grant fine-grained Publish/Subscribe permissions for their real-time apps and data, without hosting authentication services
- Access control can be granted at various levels: person, device, channel or key
- Works with any existing authentication system: Facebook Connect, Twitter, Google, LDAP, or homegrown solutions
So what types of apps can I build with this?
- Subscription services to real-time financial, traffic, or social data streams where access can be easily granted and revoked on a per subscriber basis
- Point to point apps, such as home automation, where secure real-time data is streaming bi-directionally between devices
- Social apps where secure real-time communication is peer-to-peer, with the option to monitor and intervene in user interactions when needed (ban a user, change privileges, etc.)