PubNub Terms and Conditions
Date of Last Revision: April 13, 2013
IMPORTANT – READ CAREFULLY: BY CLICKING ON THE “I AGREE”, “I ACCEPT” OR SIMILAR BUTTON TO WHICH THIS AGREEMENT IS ATTACHED, YOU ARE ACKNOWLEDGING THAT YOU ARE AUTHORIZED TO ENTER INTO THIS SERVICES AGREEMENT (“AGREEMENT”) ON BEHALF OF CUSTOMER AND AGREE TO ALL THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT, REGARDING CUSTOMER’S USE OF THE PUBNUB SERVICE. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH ALL OF THIS AGREEMENT OR ARE NOT AUTHORIZED TO BIND THE CUSTOMER TO THIS AGREEMENT, DO NOT CLICK ON THE “I AGREE”, “I ACCEPT” OR SIMILAR BUTTON OR CLICK THE “I DISAGREE” BUTTON OR CLOSE THE WINDOW TO STOP CREATION OF THE PUBNUB ACCOUNT.
“Authorized User” shall mean the Customer’s employees or consultants who are authorized by Customer to access and use the PubNub Services in accordance with this Agreement. Customer shall ensure that all Authorized Users comply with the terms of this Agreement, and Customer shall be liable for any breach thereof.
“Customer Daily Usage” shall mean the amount of Messages and amount of Daily Peak Connections and/or Daily Active Devices the Customer has transacted during a 24-period.
“Customer Data” shall mean data contained in the Messages published by Customer or its users to the PubNub Services.
“Client Software” shall mean the object and source code software distributed to Customer, which enables Customer to access and use the PubNub Service.
“Daily Active Devices” shall mean the total number of active devices connecting throughout the day, without counting duplicates. Essentially, the count is equivalent to the number of unique device connections made during a single day.
“Daily Peak Connections” shall mean the maximum number of connections to the PubNub Service during any one hour period each day, where connections are measured as the number of unique IP addresses and the number of unique channels to which each IP address has subscribed.
“Documentation” shall mean the online documentation available on PubNub’s website that describes the PubNub Services.
“Message” is a PubNub message that is sent or received through the PubNub Services. For example, a Message sent by one PubNub client to another PubNub client is counted as two messages (one sender and one receiver).
- “Metered Usage” shall mean the portion of the Customer Daily Usage that exceeds the Customer’s Reserved Capacity
“Payment Method” shall mean the method in which the Customer pays for their PubNub Service Selection as indicated in the Purchase Confirmation.
- “Premium Services” shall mean features provided by PubNub that enhance the basic PubNub Services. Premium Services are added to the PubNub Service Selection using the PubNub Administration Portal or by contacting PubNub Support.
“PubNub Offering Link” shall mean the PubNub website located at www.pubnub.com/pricing, which includes the detailed offering of the available PubNub Services, including associated pricing.
“PubNub Administration Portal” shall mean the section of the PubNub website which is password protected, allowing the Customer to configure settings about their account, purchase other PubNub Services, and see analytics about their usage of the PubNub Services.
“PubNub Go Cloud” shall mean the service tiers specified on the www.pubnub.com/pricing page.
“PubNub Global Cloud” shall mean the service tiers that exceed the maximum PubNub Go Cloud service tiers.
“PubNub Services” shall mean the various product and service offerings of PubNub, which may be updated at any time based on PubNub’s sole discretion.
“PubNub Service Selection” shall mean the specific PubNub Services the Customer has selected using the PubNub Offering Link and Purchase Confirmation.
“Purchase Confirmation” shall mean the online confirmation by the Customer of the PubNub Service Selection, combined with the online submission of the Customer’s payment details.
- “Reserved Capacity” shall mean the quantity of Daily Peak Connections the Customer has reserved on an ongoing basis based on the PubNub Service Selection the Customer has indicated in its Purchase Confirmation.
- “Service Period” shall mean the length of time Customer purchases the PubNub Services.
- “Service Tier” shall mean either a Go Cloud pricing tier as specified here www.pubnub.com/pricing or within the PubNub Administration Portal, or a Global Cloud pricing tier as specified in a separate Customer Global Cloud Addendum.
- “Usage Data” shall mean final Customer Daily Usage data used by PubNub to calculate Customer Fees.
- “Usage Restrictions” shall mean the Customer Daily Usage limits as outlined in the PubNub Administration Portal and PubNub Service Selection
- Subject to payment of applicable fees, PubNub grants to Customer a non-exclusive, non-transferable limited license during the purchased Service Period to use the PubNub Services for the online transportation of data as described in the Documentation. Usage of the PubNub Services shall be limited to the PubNub Service Selection specified in Customer’s Purchase Confirmation.
- PubNub shall have a non-exclusive, non-transferable, worldwide, perpetual limited license to collect, analyze or use certain statistical data relating to its delivery of the PubNub Service derived from the Customer Data, solely for the development, tuning, and scaling of the PubNub Service, including the generation of reports for both internal use purposes as well as reports available to the Customer, which may be offered at an additional cost. PubNub will keep all statistical data private, and will not share this data with any third parties, except as an aggregate across multiple PubNub end users (for example, advertising the total number of messages sent through the PubNub Service per day) and multiple PubNub customers to prevent the identification of aggregate collections data that would permit the identification of such data as pertaining to Customer and Customer’s end users. PubNub’s use, collection and disclosure of the Customer Data shall comply with applicable law. PubNub acts solely as a network transport, and does not filter or inspect the data sent by Customer or Customer’s end users. Thus, it is the Customer’s responsibility to ensure that their Client Software is protected from the ability to transmit, install or impose upon Customer’s users any virus, malware, tracking software or system or other technique for the purpose of tracking users, behavioral targeting or any unlawful purpose.
License Restrictions. Except as specifically provided in this Agreement, the license grant under this Agreement does not permit Customer or a third party (directly or indirectly, in whole or in part) to: (a) reverse engineer or attempt to derive the source code from or create derivative works of the PubNub Service, or any portion thereof; (b) use the PubNub Services in a greater capacity than identified in a Purchase Confirmation; (c) sublicense, distribute or pledge the PubNub Services, (d) access, use, or copy any portion of the PubNub Services to directly or indirectly to develop, promote or support any product or service that is competitive with the PubNub Services, (e) lease, rent or commercially share or otherwise use the PubNub Services for purposes of providing a service bureau or providing third party hosting, application service provider type services; (f) remove any identification, patent, trademark, copyright, or other notice from the PubNub Services or Client Software; (g) interfere with or disrupt the integrity or performance of the PubNub Services or third-party data contained therein; (h) attempt to gain unauthorized access to the PubNub Services or the related systems or networks, including access to other PubNub customer’s data; (i) disclose or publish, without PubNub’s express prior written consent, performance or capacity statistics or the results of any benchmark test performed on the PubNub Services; (j) Use any name, mark, or designation of PubNub, or any of its affiliates or licensors or their respective products or services, unless expressly permitted herein or by PubNub in writing; (k) use the PubNub Services in connection with any activity for which may result in serious property damage, or death or serious body injury; and (l) use the PubNub Services including the transmission of Customer Data, in any manner that violates in any law, rule, regulation or any other legal or regulatory requirement imposed by any regulatory or government agency or political subdivision, whether federal, state, local, or foreign. Customer is responsible for processing and handling notices it receives from any third party claiming that Customer’s content is connection with the PubNub Services violates such party’s rights including without limitation, notices pursuant to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act. PubNub reserves the right to block any Customer Data and Customer account that violates the terms of this Section 3.
- Customer Obligations. Customer shall be responsible for ensuring that all Authorized Users are bound by the terms and conditions of this Agreement and the usage rights ordered under a Purchase Confirmation, and for the accuracy, quality, integrity and legality of Customer Data and of the means by which Customer acquires or has acquired Customer Data. Customer has sole control over the Customer Data uploaded in the PubNub Services, and acknowledges PubNub has no control of the Customer Data. Customer will ensure that each username and password issued to a Customer will be used only by an Authorized User. Customer is responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of all usernames and passwords. Customer is solely responsible for all activities that occur under these usernames. Customer agrees (a) to only allow Authorized Users to use its account, usernames or passwords, (b) to keep a current list of all Authorized Users, (c) to promptly notify PubNub if it becomes aware, or should be aware, of any actual or suspected unauthorized use of its account, usernames or passwords, or any other breach or suspected breach of security related to the PubNub Service. PubNub will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from unauthorized use of any accounts, usernames or passwords; (d) to promptly fix any bugs in Customer’s software that causes the PubNub Services to be accessed incorrectly; for example, software that generates incorrect API calls to the PubNub Service, and software that uses incorrect authentication tokens to access the PubNub Service. PubNub reserves the right to block any Customer Data and Customer account that violates the terms of this Section 4. Customer shall be responsible for adhering to Usage Restrictions for PubNub Service Selection in which the Customer has selected using the PubNub Administration Portal.
- Term & Termination.
- Term. The term of this Agreement shall begin upon acceptance of this Agreement as specified in the preamble and shall continue until the earlier of termination as set forth in Sections 5 (ii), 5 (iii) and 5 (iv) below. A Service Period shall commence upon Customer’s completion of a Purchase Confirmation.
- Termination by Customer. Customer may terminate this Agreement and the Service Period by cancelling their PubNub Service Selection using the cancellation process on the PubNub Administration Portal. The Customer may optionally terminate the Agreement and the Service Period by sending an email to support(at)pubnub.com. Customer must terminate this Agreement and the Service Period at least five (5) days prior to the completion of the then current month (“Cancellation Period”). The Agreement and Service Period termination will be effective as of the first day of the following month. If cancellation is later than the Cancellation Period, Customer will be charged for one additional month of the PubNub Service Selection.
- Termination by PubNub. PubNub may terminate this Agreement and any Service Period, without cause, upon providing the other party with thirty (60) days prior written notice, except the notification period for Customer’s use of PubNub Services provided free of charge, shall be fifteen (15) days.
- Termination for Breach. Either party may terminate this Agreement and the Service Period upon notice to the other party if the other party breaches any material term of this Agreement and fails to cure such breach within thirty (30) days of the original notice thereof or such other period as may be mutually agreed to by the parties, except the cure period for Customer use of a PubNub Services provided free of charge, and for breaches of Section 2 and Section 3, shall be fifteen (15) days.
- Effect of Termination. Upon expiration or termination of this Agreement, (a) the Service Period shall cease, and all license rights to use the PubNub Services, Client Software and the Documentation shall cease, and PubNub shall discontinue the provision of the PubNub Services, and (b) Customer shall immediately pay any outstanding invoices, including fees owed for outstanding Service Periods as specified under Section 5.2 above.
- Service Delivery and Support
- Service Level: PubNub shall provide the different service level commitments commensurate with the Customer’s PubNub Service Selection. PubNub service levels are described on the PubNub Offering Link and as listed on the PubNub Administration Portal.
- Customer Advertising Commitments & Trademark Usage. PubNub may include Customer’s name on a list of customers of the PubNub Service, so long as such list does not imply endorsement of the PubNub Service.
- Fees / Payment.
- Fees. The fees for each PubNub Service Selection are as specified on the PubNub Offering Link and on the PubNub Administration Portal, and are subject to change at any time at PubNub’s sole discretion. PubNub Fees are comprised of any or all of the Service Tier charges, Reserved Capacity charges, Metered Usage charges, and the Premium Services based on the PubNub Service Selection configured by the Customer and the Usage Data collected by PubNub.
- Reserve Capacity Billing. The Reserve Capacity tiers chosen by the Customer in their PubNub Service Selection are initially billed immediately in advance for the reminder of the billing cycle. All subsequent months during the Service Period shall be billed monthly in advance at the beginning of each month.
- Metered-Usage Billing. Metered Usage of the PubNub Services by the Customer is billed in arrears during the next monthly billing cycle based on the Usage Data of PubNub Services not subject to the Reserved Capacity.
- Premium Services Billing. Premium Services are billed either in advance and/or arrears, as specified on the PubNub Administration Portal. For Premium Services billed in advance initial billing shall be immediately and prorated based on the Customers current registration anniversary date. All subsequent months during the Service Period shall be billed monthly. For Premium Services billed in arrears, Customer shall be billed on the subsequent monthly billing cycle in which Value Add Services were made available.
- PubNub Go Cloud Service Tier Automatic Upgrade. PubNub will automatically upgrade Customer to the next applicable Service Tier if the Customer exceeds their current Service Tier limits more than two (2) times in a calendar month, or by more than 15% at least once within a calendar month. Service Tier limits are specified on www.pubnub.com/price or the PubNub Administration Portal.
- Migration to PubNub Global Cloud. Customers whose usage exceeds the maximum Service Tier are required to upgrade to the PubNub Global Cloud within 60 days, and an addition of a Customer Global Cloud Addendum to this Agreement.
- PubNub Global Cloud Service Tier Upgrade. The upgrade policy for a Customer in the Global Cloud is specified on the Customer Global Cloud Addendum.
- Payment: Customers are invoiced monthly.
- Billing Contact: PubNub will send billing correspondence to the email address included in the online PubNub Services registration page.
- Payment Disputes: In the event of a good faith dispute as to the calculation of a charge, Customer shall immediately give written notice to PubNub stating the details of any such dispute and shall promptly pay any undisputed amount. The acceptance by PubNub of such partial payment shall not constitute a waiver of payment in full by PubNub of the disputed amount. Any undisputed amounts not paid within fifteen (15) days of receipt shall accrue interest at a rate of one percent (1 1/2%) per month or the maximum lawful rate, whichever is less. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary contained in this Agreement, failure to make timely payments of undisputed amounts shall constitute a default hereunder and shall entitle PubNub to suspend its provision of the PubNub Service on ten (10) business days prior notice and require payment in advance until Customer account is paid in full.
- The fees charged by PubNub hereunder do not include any taxes, duties or charges of any kind. Customer will be responsible for all applicable sales, use, value added, goods and services, consumption, withholding, excise and any other similar taxes or federal, state, local taxes or other government taxes related to the payment under this Agreement (excluding taxes based on PubNub’s net income).
- Refunds: No Refunds will be given.
- Confidential Information.
- Definition. The term “Confidential Information” means all information disclosed by one party (the “Disclosing Party”) to the other party (the “Receiving Party”) pursuant to this Agreement ,which the Disclosing Party designates as confidential at the time of disclosure, or a reasonable person should know to be confidential. Notwithstanding the foregoing, the PubNub Services, software (object code and source code), the Documentation, training materials, customer listings, future offerings and products, business plans, investors, pricing, including the fees paid hereunder, user IDs and passwords shall be deemed Confidential Information without any need to designate such information as confidential. Confidential Information shall not include any information which is: (i) already publicly known, (ii) created by the Receiving Party without reference to any Confidential Information, (iii) otherwise known to the Receiving Party through no wrongful conduct of the Receiving Party, (iv) required to be publicly disclosed by law or court order, provided the Disclosing Party is given reasonable advance notice of the obligation to produce Confidential Information, or (v) is required by potential investors or necessary pursuant to acquisition or merger activity directly related to the Receiving Party, as part of the associated due diligence process. Confidential Information shall remain the sole property of the Disclosing Party, and each party acknowledges and agrees that it does not acquire any rights therein.
- Protection of Confidential Information. The Receiving Party shall hold the The Disclosing Party’s Confidential Information in confidence and may only disclose such to employees and consultants on a need to know basis who are subject to confidentiality obligations substantially similar to those set forth in this Agreement. The Receiving Party will not use or disclose the Confidential Information of the Disclosing Party except as contemplated under this Agreement. Each party agrees to use the same level of care to protect the other party’s Confidential Information from unauthorized use or disclosure as it uses to protect its own such information, but in no event with less than reasonable care. Receiving Party shall, as soon as reasonably practical after discovery a breach of this Confidentiality section, report to the Disclosing Party any unauthorized use of, disclosure of or access to the Disclosing Party’s Confidential Information, subject to any reasonable restrictions placed on the timing of such notice by a law enforcement or regulatory agency investigating the incident; and take all reasonable measures to prevent any further unauthorized disclosure or access. The parties shall be entitled to seek injunctive or other equitable relief without the necessity of posting a bond even if otherwise normally required. Such injunctive or equitable relief shall not be exclusive remedy for any breach of confidentiality, but shall be in addition to all other rights and remedies available at law or in equity.
- PubNub Warranties.
- Limited Warranty. PubNub warrants it has full power and authority to enter into and perform the Agreement.
- Disclaimer. EXCEPT FOR THE EXPRESS WARRANTY AS SET FORTH IN SECTION 10.1 THE PUBNUB SERVICES AND CLIENT SOFTWARE ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND ALL OTHER WARRANTIES ARE HEREBY DISCLAIMED, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WITH RESPECT TO THE PUBNUB SERVICES (INCLUDING THE CLIENT SOFTWARE), INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO WARRANTIES OF ACCURACY, MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, OR ARISING FROM A COURSE OF DELAING, USAGE, OR TRADE PRACTICE.
- Customer Warranties Customer warrants that (a) it is a duly formed entity (i.e., corporation or limited liability company) in good standing under the laws of the state of its incorporation or organization; (b) it is qualified to transact business in all locations where the nature of its operations requires such qualification; (c) it has full power and authority to enter into and perform this Agreement; (d) the execution and delivery of this Agreement have been duly authorized; (e) Customer has all right necessary to provide, access and modify the Customer Data, including rights to grant the license to PubNub as specified under Section 2.2, and to distribute such Customer Data across the Internet using the PubNub Services; (f) the Customer Data does not violate any applicable law, including any law or regulation regarding the transmission of technical data exported from the United States or any other applicable country, any law or regulation regarding privacy rights, or any law or regulation regarding harassment or defamation or other tort; (g) Customer shall employ reasonable professional standards in performance of its rights and obligations under this Agreement, and shall avoid deceptive, misleading or unethical practices that may be detrimental to PubNub or the PubNub Services; (h) Customer will not access any information or data provided or controlled by any other end user of PubNub and will abide by and will not circumvent or otherwise disable any security or data protection measures implement by PubNub; and (i) Customer will not, and will not permit any third party to, upload, post, email transmit or otherwise make available using the PubNub Services any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software, hardware or telecommunications equipment.
- Limitation of Liability.PUBNUB’S AGGREGATE LIABILITY TO CUSTOMER, WHETHER FOR NEGLIGENCE, BREACH OF CONTRACT, BREACH OF WARRANTY, OR ANY OTHER CAUSE OF ACTION, SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE LESSER OF THE PRICE PAID OR DUE FOR THE PUBNUB SERVICES TO WHICH THE INCIDENT RELATES, OR $2,500. PUBNUB SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO THE CUSTOMER FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOST INCOME, LOST REVENUE, LOST PROFITS, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, DAMAGES FOR GOODWILL, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE SERVICES, ARISING OUT OR IN ANY WAY RELATED TO THIS AGREEMENT, THE USE OR THE INABILITY TO USE THE PUBNUB SERVICES. IN NO EVENT SHALL PUBNUB BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES HOWEVER ARISING AS RELATED TO THE CLIENT SOFTWARE AS PROVIDED UNDER THIS AGREEMENT, EXCEPT AS SPECIFICALLY PERMITTED UNDER SECTION 13.2. EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH CLAIM. THESE LIMITATIONS WILL APPLY DESPITE THE FAILURE OF ESSENTIAL PURPOSE.
- Customer Exclusive Remedies. If the PubNub Services or any part thereof becomes the subject of a claim for infringement, or in PubNub’s reasonable discretion is likely to become subject to such a claim, PubNub will have the right, at its option, to: (i) replace the PubNub Services and/or the Client Software with non-infringing technology that is materially, functionally equivalent or superior; (ii) modify the PubNub Services and/or the Client Software so to become non-infringing without materially affecting functionality; or (iii) obtain a license for Customer to continue using the PubNub Services and/or the Client Software. If (a) an injunction is issued by a court of competent jurisdiction barring Customer’s exercise of the license rights granted under this Agreement, or (b) the alternatives specified in (i), (ii) or (iii) above are not available to PubNub on a commercially reasonable basis, then Customer will cease using the infringing technology and PubNub will refund the pro-rata portion of the pre-paid fees attributable to such technology for the amount of the Service Period Customer is not able to use the PubNub Services. This section states the entire liability and obligation of PubNub, and the sole and exclusive remedy of Customer with respect to any alleged or actual infringement of the PubNub Services (including the Client Software) provided under this Agreement.
- Customer’s Indemnification. Customer agrees that Customer’s use of the PubNub Services, and the use of the Customer Data and information that Customer places on the PubNub Sevices site shall not: (a) infringe any third party's copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret or other proprietary rights or rights of publicity or privacy; (b) include any illegal conduct or any violation any law, statute, ordinance or regulation (including without limitation those governing export control, dealer agreements, unfair competition, anti-discrimination or false advertising); or (c) be defamatory, trade libelous, unlawfully threatening or unlawfully harassing or obscene. Customer shall indemnify, defend and hold PubNub harmless from any third party claims including without limitation those claims arising from: (1) Customer’s breach of the subsections (a), (b) and (c) of this subsection; (2) breach of the warranties as set forth in Section 11; (3) modifications or alterations to the PubNub Services; (4) any repesentations or warranties made by Customer regarding the PubNub Services. PubNub will promptly notify Customer in writing of such claim, and Customer shall have the sole control of such defense and all negotiations for any settlement or compromise, although PubNub will provide reasonable assistance in the same at Customer’s request and expense.
- Ownership.Customer acknowledges and agrees that the PubNub Services, the Client Software, and PubNub’s trademarks, and all proprietary rights contained therein, as well as any modifications, enhancements or derivative works (including all feedback relating to the use of the PubNub Services and the Client Software) relating thereto, are and will remain the exclusive property of PubNub or its licensors. PubNub reserves all rights not expressly granted to Customer in this Agreement. As between the parties, Customer retains all ownership in and to the Customer Data subject to the license granted under Section 2.2.
- Entire Agreement. This Agreement, and any other references, exhibits or attachments, constitutes the entire agreement between the parties with respect to the subject matter hereof and supersedes any and all written or oral prior agreements and understandings between the parties concerning such subject matter. Any amendment shall be in writing and signed by authorized representatives of each party. If any one or more of the provisions of the Agreement shall for any reason be held to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable, the same shall not affect any of the other portions of this Agreement. Failure or delay by either party in exercising any right hereunder shall not operate as a waiver of such right. The descriptive headings of the sections of this Agreement are inserted for convenience only and do not constitute a part of this Agreement. PubNub, at its sole discretion, reserves the right to modify the terms and conditions as set forth under this Agreement at any time. In such case, PubNub shall notify (email to suffice) Customer of an updated Agreement available for online acceptance. PubNub shall provide Customer with at least sixty (60) days to accept the terms of the updated agreement. Once accepted, the updated agreement shall govern the provision of PubNub Services upon the commencement of a new month of PubNub Services. Customer shall be required to accept the updated Agreement if it desires to continue to use the PubNub Services.
- Assignment. This Agreement, and any rights or obligations hereunder, shall not be assigned or sublicensed by Customer, without prior written consent from PubNub. PubNub may assign this Agreement without the consent of the Customer. Any attempted assignment or transfer in violation of the foregoing shall be void and shall result in the immediate and automatic termination of this Agreement. Subject to this restriction, this Agreement will be binding upon and inure to the benefit of the parties hereto, their successors and assigns.
- Force Majeure. Except for payment for fees due hereunder, neither party shall be liable for any losses arising out of the delay or interruption of its performance of obligations under this Agreement due to any act of God, act of governmental authority, act of public enemy, terrorism, war, riot, flood, civil commotion, severe weather conditions, unplanned system down time, or any other cause beyond the reasonable control of the party delayed.
- Export. PubNub Services, Client Software and the Documentation are subject to U.S. Export control laws, including without limitation the U.S. Export Administration Act and its associated regulations and may be subject to export or import regulations of other countries. Customer hereby agrees that it will not export or re-export the PubNub Services, Client Software or Documentation in any form in violation of any applicable export or import laws of any jurisdiction.
- Survival of Terms. Any provision of this Agreement that contemplates performance or observance subsequent to any termination or expiration of this Agreement, including, without limitation, all provisions with respect to confidentiality, limitation on liabilities, and indemnification, shall survive any termination or expiration of this Agreement and continue in full force and effect.
- Compliance with Laws. CUSTOMER REPRESENTS AND WARRANTS THAT IT SHALL COMPLY WITH THE U.S. FOREIGN CORRUPT PRACTICES ACT, UK BRIBERY ACT 2010, AND ALL APPLICABLE LOCAL ANTI-BRIBERY LAWS.
- Choice of law. This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of California as if performed wholly within that state and without giving effect to its conflict of laws principles. The United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sales of Goods does not apply to this Agreement. Any legal proceeding relating to this Agreement shall be instituted in a state court in Santa Clara County, California, USA.
- Relationship. This Agreement shall not be interpreted to create an agency or consignment relationship, and neither party is a partner, employee, agent or joint venture partner of, or with, the other. Neither party may make any contracts, warranties or representations or assume or create any other obligations, express or implied, in the other party’s name or on its behalf. Each party acknowledges that this Agreement is non-exclusive and either party may contract with third parties for the procurement or sale of comparable products or services.
- Notices. All notices related to this Agreement shall be in writing. Notices will be effective if dispatched by hand (which shall be deemed given upon delivery), or reliable overnight delivery service (which shall be deemed given on business day after mailing), unless otherwise stated in this Agreement, sent to the CEO of PubNub, to PubNub’s address as specified on www.PubNub.com, and the General Counsel of the Customer, to the respective address as set forth in the Customer’s online registration, unless otherwise indicated by a party subject to the requirements of this subsection.
- Waiver. Failure or delay by either party in exercising any right hereunder shall not operate as a waiver of such right. The descriptive headings of the sections of the Agreement and any attachments are inserted for convenience only and do not constitute a part of this Agreement.