PubNub Chat offers easy-to-use SDKs to add in-app chat to your Mobile and Web applications. Get up and running quickly with rich chat features and the flexibility to add custom enhancements to suit the unique needs of your business and customers.
Build on the trusted PubNub Data Stream Network, and focus on creating the best user experience while PubNub takes care of scalability, reliability, security, and global legislative compliance.
PubNub Chat SDKs are built on top of the core PubNub Network, a globally distributed Data Stream Network with 15+ points of presence across the globe with response times of <100ms and 99.999% uptime guarantees.
- Healthcare: private chat between doctors and patients
- Support: chat between agents and customers
- Entertainment: streaming chat in live events
- Marketplaces: chat between buyers and sellers
- Productivity Apps: group chat for team collaboration
- Social Apps: private or group chat with friends
Go through the feature guide to learn more about chat features that are available to you.
- Users to connect with your users and optionally manage user metadata.
- Channels for one-to-one and group messaging in chat rooms.
- Messages to send and receive messages from users in channels.
- Message Storage fetches missed messages from storage based on timestamp of the last read message.
- Unread Counts show the number of unread messages on chat channels.
- User Presence tracks when users join or leave chat channels or shows occupancy of a channel.
- Typing Indicators let others know when a user starts or stops typing.
- Image & File Sharing streamline uploading and sharing images or files.
- Message Receipts indicate if a message has been delivered or read.
- Emoji Reactions let you add graphical reactions to messages.
- Profanity Filtering lets you filter messages based on some of their attributes, so that only messages with acceptable content are passed to subscribing clients.
- User Mentions let you filter messages based on some of their attributes, so that only messages with acceptable content are passed to subscribing clients.
- Message Routing saves your messages to an external database to enable full-text searching, archiving, and more.