PubNub Client Store takes over where message delivery stops from the PubNub network to help manage that data within your application. Client Store is pre-built to understand PubNub data types and integrates with your own data and with other state management solutions.
PubNub Client Store is lightweight and modular. PubNub offers modules containing data models and commands for common realtime use cases such as chat.
PubNub Client Store's features help you to provide a stable and predictable application experience, including:
- Caching data in memory
- Compensating for latency with optimistic updates
- Queueing and batching network requests for more efficient use of network resources
- Robustly handling errors and troubleshooting problems
The PubNub Client Store feature is in beta release.
Client Store Components
The framework includes the following components to help you manage your application’s state and PubNub server communications.
- Actions: Pre-configured actions that correspond to PubNub internals
- Reducers: Configured to respond to actions dispatched by the framework
- Listeners: Monitor subscription notifications and dispatch actions
- Commands: Functions that execute PubNub API calls and dispatch actions
PubNub Client Store on Redux makes it easier for you to manage the state of data components inside React and React Native applications.
The framework adds structured data to the Redux store, listens to realtime events generated by the network, stores these events on the client side, and triggers updates to the view inside your application. These Redux-specific functions can be integrated with new or existing Redux data stores.
Redux Store: Source Code
Redux Store: NPM
Redux Store Reference Documentation
Click here to view the Redux framework reference documentation.
Client Store for Swift
PubNub Client Store on ReSwift offers a data management framework for the iOS platform.
The framework listens to realtime events generated by the PubNub network to update the view inside your application. And of course, your data can coexist with PubNub-defined data.
Swift Store: Source Code
Swift Store Reference Documentation
Click here to view the Swift Client State Management framework reference documentation.