Date of Last Revision: May 22, 2012
- Our Commitment to Protecting Your Privacy. PubNub is committed to ensuring the privacy of your personal information
entered while using the PubNub website, as well as the privacy of data that is processed by the PubNub Services. By visiting this site
We may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to review updates that may occur.
- PubNub Account Information.
- PubNub Service Registration. When you sign up for the PubNub Services, we collect your email address, name and other contact information. We also collect your payment information as well as other information required to configure, use, pay for, and receive support for the PubNub Services. You can choose not to provide certain information, but this may impair your ability to use the PubNub Services.
- Usage of Information. The information we collect is used to administer our business activities, including but not limited to invoicing and customer support. Your email address will be used to notify you of critical updates, account information, and announcements. You can opt out of these emails if you like.
- Sharing of Information. We do not share, sell, rent, or trade any information that you provide with third parties except as required to provide you the PubNub Services and as specified in this policy.
- Third Party Service Providers. We may share information we collect with our third party service providers that assist with our provisioning of the PubNub Services. Third party service providers that we use are required to protect all data provided hereunder as PubNub confidential information, restricting disclosure to any other third party.
- Credit Card Processing Provider. PubNub uses a third party credit card processing provider to manage credit card processing. This service provider is not permitted to store, retain, or use billing information except for the sole purpose of credit card processing on our behalf, and is subject to confidentiality obligations restricting the disclosure of information collected to other third parties.
- Attribution. PubNub may include a list of customers of the PubNub Services as well as testimonials on the PubNub website that contains a customer name, logo and associated employee name and title. Customer consents to such listing or posting of testimonials
- Public Forums. Any information you post on any PubNub provided blog, bulletin board or similar forum may be freely used by PubNub, any PubNub customer or any other visitor to such forum, and therefore, you shall have no expectation of privacy with any data included in such forum, and consent to such usage by any party mentioned herein, or any other third party.
- Required by Law. PubNub reserves the right to use or disclose information provided if required by law or if we reasonably believe that use or disclosure is necessary to protect our rights and/or to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process.
- Data Transacted through the PubNub Services.
- Use of the PubNub Services requires that data be sent ("Published") and received ("Subscribed") through the PubNub Services. Data Published to and Subscribed from the PubNub Services may be used by PubNub to help with the development, tuning and scaling of the PubNub Services, including the generation of reports. Reporting is used both for internal use and to provide reports available to the PubNub customer associated with such provided data. PubNub will keep all data private, and will not share data with any third parties, except as an aggregate across multiple PubNub customers (for example, advertising the total number of messages sent through the PubNub Service per day). Occasionally we may use the information collected herein to notify you about new services or special offers.
- PubNub provides various levels of security and encryption for data Published to the PubNub Services. Some levels of security and encryption may be offered to our customers at an additional cost. Please check the PubNub documentation for up-to-date information on the various security levels offered by the PubNub Services.
- Children. The PubNub website and PubNub Services are designed exclusively for adults. If you are under 18, you may only use the PubNub website and PubNub Services with the involvement of a parent or guardian.